The University of Aveiro owns a service dedicated to the analysis of qualitative data, called webQDA. The operation and development of this service is licensed to Micro I/O for a period of 5 years, starting on 4th September 2015.
By clicking the “I accept” button, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you must press the “Do Not Accept” key to exit.
The webQDA service comprises:
• Access profiles for Users, with individual confidentiality and authentication guarantees;
• System of Sources, System of Categorization and System of Questioning for analysis of qualitative data;
• Management system to promote collaborative work.
1. These general conditions of registration and access are agreed between Micro I/O and users who wish to use the webQDA service on the Internet – www.webqda.net, hereinafter referred to as “User”.
2. The parties agree that subscriptions made through the webQDA web page will be governed exclusively by this agreement.
ARTICLE 1 – OBJECT
These general conditions of registration and access are intended to make available and define all information necessary to the User on the modalities of registration, payment and access to the webQDA service at www.webqda.net.
ARTICLE 2 – SUBSCRIPTION/RENEWAL (applicable only to private customers)
Access to webQDA can be obtained through one of the following processes: “Subscription” and “Renewal”.
“Subscription” and “Renewal” allow immediate access, and the activation period of the licenses for any of the registrations is dependent on the confirmation of payment.
1. The User can register through the following process, after clicking on the respective button, available on the main page of the web page.
2. To make your Subscription, the User must:
a) Define your access data to the service (providing ‘User’ email), the ‘Password’ being defined by the User, and which can be changed later through his/her ‘Account Settings’. Please note that the User’s email is unique, personal and non-transferable.
In case of Renewal, the User must enter the access data previously defined and select the option “I am already a registered user”.
b) Complete the information requested in the checkout process and choose the options that are available to you throughout this process, namely the intended form of payment.
3. The completion of the User Registration process is equivalent to the full and complete acceptance of the prices and description of the available services, as well as the general conditions of Registration and access, which will be the only applicable to the contract thus concluded.
Micro I/O reserves the right to change the price and other “Subscription” conditions of the webQDA service at any time, provided that it notifies its “Customers” by presenting a notice on this site or sending an e-mail. The new prices will apply to all new customers as well as to all customers upon renewal.
Micro I/O guarantees the maintenance of objects created and customized by researchers, provided that:
a) The user performs the registration process using the access data (user email and password) with which s/he was previously registered.
b) Micro I/O reserves the right to update the webQDA functionalities, in specific situations, such as altering them to improve the service.
ARTICLE 3 – ACCESS
1. A webQDA registration allows the User to make use of the service during the period that has been selected, after payment and activation of the service.
2. All Users are subject to access control. Subscribing to the webQDA service allows only one simultaneous access to each set of “User’s e-mail” and “Password”.
3. Micro I/O reserves the right to suspend access to the service by a User that demonstrates improper or harmful use of the services provided by webQDA, namely using the webQDA Community for the transmission of inappropriate and inadequate messages.
ARTICLE 4 – PRICES
1. Prices must be understood in euros, with taxes and duties included, taking into account the legal VAT in place at the time of subscription.
2. The prices shown in the checkout process always correspond to the most current prices, however, they should only be considered valid while they are visible on the web page in a refreshed page (cache or pages not refreshed may show prices that are no longer valid). The price shown is only guaranteed under these conditions after the Subscription is duly completed.
ARTICLE 5 – DISCOUNTS
Campaign discounts are price discounts that have effective validity span. These discounts represent a commitment during the period announced, but always on condition that the registration is terminated by the User through the Enrollment process and paid until the end of that period.
To guarantee these discounts it is necessary that the Subscription be made and finalized with the visible promotional price. In the case of deferred payments by Multibanco, these discounts are guaranteed if their payment is received within a maximum of 5 days, counted from the end of the Registration date.
ARTICLE 6 – GUARANTEES
1. Any subscription agreement and access to the webQDA service performed may be freely resolved pursuant to article 6 of Decree-Law no. 143/2001, of April 26, as amended by Dec. Law no. 82/2008 of May 20. To do so, the User must communicate his/her intention to terminate the subscription within a maximum period of 15 days from the date of availability of the service (date on which an automatic email is sent with confirmation of receipt of payment and indication of the access data to webQDA).
The User must communicate his/her intention to terminate the contract freely in one of the following ways:
a) Registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt;
B) E-mail to be sent through the online form of the Technical Department, available at https://www.webqda.net, through the “contacts” link.
2. Micro I/O or its official distributor undertakes to reimburse the User within a maximum period of 30 days from the date of receipt of the request for termination of the contract..
3. If the request for termination takes place beyond the 15 days provided for in paragraph 1 of this article, the User shall invoke the reason for the resolution, reserving Micro I/O or its official distributor, in this situation, and after analyzing the invoked motive, the right to proceed or not with the reimbursement of the values which may have already been paid.
ARTICLE 7 – COMPLAINTS
The User may submit their complaints to Micro I/O to Mirador Business Center, Rua do Brasil, Lote 1 nº 18, Esc. 8-11, 3800-009 Aveiro, Portugal, by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt.
ARTICLE 8 – RESPONSIBILITY
The temporary assignment or transfer to a third party, rental, loan or any similar activity or practice of the ‘User’ and the ‘Password’ that is provided to the User and which allow access to the webQDA is prohibited. The User is fully responsible for the confidentiality of the access to data that is provided to him/her.
ARTICLE 9 – TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
In the ‘Personal Data’ we include E-mail (User), Name, Address, Telephone, Taxpayer Number, data on means of payment and use of the service, among others.
Micro I/O will not sell or make this information available to third parties, and the right of access, rectification and cancellation at any time by the holder of the respective data will be guaranteed by law (for the protection of personal data and other applicable laws). This right of access, rectification and cancellation can be done, in person or by writing, directly to the contact address available at https://www.webqda.net.
Without prejudice to compliance with the law on unsolicited electronic communications and protection of personal data, Micro I/O reserves the right to analyze and use this information to optimize the contents and to personalize the services provided, as well as to present other services that may benefit the Users of the webQDA service.
ARTICLE 10 – MAINTENANCE, UPDATE AND BACKUP OF THE WEBQDA PLATFORM
Micro I/O reserves the right to periodically carry out maintenance and updating of the web page with a view to improving the service. The website will be subject to at least four annual interventions, which may, circumstantially, condition the access to the service and cause the service to be unavailable within a maximum period of 8 hours.
The Platform has a daily backup service to safeguard data and projects. Micro I/O guarantees access to the data 2 months after the end of the license. This access should be requested directly to the contact address available at https://www.webqda.net.
ARTICLE 11 – NEWSLETTER WEBQDA
1. The webQDA Newsletter is assigned to e-mailings with promotions, offers and information, sent directly to the User’s mailbox provided to Micro I/O upon registration of the same.
2. From the moment you make your first registration, the User is automatically registered for the subscription of the webQDA Newsletter, and can suspend this submission at any time, deactivating this option by clicking the word remove included in it or by sending an e-mail with the word remove in the subject.
ARTICLE 12 – USE OF THE COMMUNITY
All messages are the sole responsibility of the participants, in particular as regards the veracity of the data and information transmitted.
However, in order to safeguard the proper functioning of the Community, messages are subject to a filtering process, with a view to restricting entries containing obscene, defamatory, threatening or libelous language. The webQDA team reserves the right to remove all participations that meet these criteria and that do not relate solely and exclusively to the subject(s) under discussion.
ARTICLE 13 – INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. All contents placed by users through the constituent features of the webQDA service are the exclusive responsibility of the respective users and of those who make them available, so that the University of Aveiro, Micro I/O or its representative cannot be held liable for Copyright infringements that such content may cause. Micro I/O reserves the right to remove any content uploaded by users if it detects any illegality or copyright infringement, and ensures that it will not use any content imported by users of the webQDA service on any other service or product that is, or may come in the future, to develop.
Uploading files to the platform should have the following characteristics:
a) Text sources:
– “.docx” or “.txt” formats: maximum size of 1MB
– “.pdf” format: maximum size of 5MB
b) Image sources:
– “.jpg” or “.png” formats: maximum size of 2MB
c) Audio sources:
– “.mp3” or “.wav”: maximum size of 10MB
d) Video sources:
– formats “.mp4”, “.ogg” or “.webm”: maximum size of 20MB
For any reproduction or use of the information protected by copyright other than that described in these terms, whether in textual or multimedia format (audio, images, text and video), prior written authorization of the author must be obtained.
ARTICLE 14 – PROOF
The parties agree that computerized records kept in Micro I/O computer systems under reasonable conditions of security shall provide evidence of communications, inscriptions and payments made between the parties.
ARTICLE 15 – PRESERVATION AND ARCHIVE OF TRANSACTIONS
Archiving of registrations and invoices will be made on a reliable and durable medium to correspond to a faithful and lasting copy.
ARTICLE 16 – CONNECTIONS FROM OTHER SITES
1. Any link to the webQDA page is the sole responsibility of the respective web page, and any kind of support by webQDA cannot be mentioned to this web page, without its authorization by Micro I/O. Micro I/O reserves the right to demand the withdrawal of any link that it deems to be its own, and this criterion is solely the responsibility of the latter. The content of the webQDA page cannot be inserted in the structure of any other web page without the express authorization of Micro I/O.
2. The webQDA service shall not be liable for any error of communication, transmission or interference resulting from Internet access.
3. The webQDA team may, at any time, modify the terms of the webQDA service, updating the legal aspects accordingly.
ARTICLE 17 – APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT FORUM
1. The law applicable to any contractual relationship established through the webQDA page is Portuguese law.
2. To resolve any conflict arising from any contract celebrated pursuant to these general conditions of registration and access, the court of the county of Aveiro will be competent, expressly renouncing any other.
The processing of your data is done in compliance with the legislation on the protection of personal data. The same, subject to computer processing, will be included in Micro I/O data base(s) and are intended for registration, statistical operations and presentation of other products and services, as well as institutional information, to be made available by the same.
Its supply is optional and guaranteed, under the law, the right of access, rectification and cancellation of any data that directly concerns you, in person or by writing, to the address listed on the homepage of this site.
Although Micro I/O web pages have secure areas, where encrypted information circulates, other personal data is there, that circulate in an open network, and are not protected against possible deviations. Therefore, Micro I/O cannot be held responsible for the communication of access passwords, passwords, confidential codes and any sensitive information that may eventually be diverted.
100% SAFE SUBSCRIPTIONS
WebQDA guarantees that all subscriptions on the web page are safe, so you do not have to worry about the safety of your credit card. All transactions are done through an encrypted secure server.
In webQDA, the confidentiality of the personal data of the users is a slogan that we intend to preserve. After we use your card data to pay for your subscription, it will automatically be taken from our database and destroyed. In the next purchase, you will be requested again for all the data of your card.