webQDA application was developed respecting HTML5 standard and therefore is supported by common Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera).
For a better user experience we recommend a resolution equal to or greater than 1280 by 720.
The requirements for the sources are:
- “.docx”, “.txt”, “.xls” or “.xlsx” formats [maximum size: 1MB]
- “.pdf” format [maximum size: 5MB]
- “.jpg” or “.png” formats [maximum size: 2MB]
- “.mp3” or “.wav” formats [maximum size: 10MB]
- “.mp4”, “.ogg” or “.webm” formats [maximum size: 20MB]
- you can use youtube videos or public sharing videos of dropbox
The maximum size per project for image, audio and video sources is 200MB.
- Import metadata files (RIS, XML and BibTeX).
webQDA is in Version 3.1 (February 15, 2019). Below is the list of updates included in this new release.
- Literature review:
- Importing metadata files (RIS, XML and BibTeX);
- Automatic creation of descriptors based on metadata information (Type of publication, Year, Author, Keywords);
- Identification of duplicate metadata;
- Add comments to the data available in the Sources;
- The Comment and Notes feature becomes part of the Annotations feature.
- Size and position of the help window are maintained during the session;
- Each user can change their color for data encoding.
- Possibility to save PDF files as text or as image;
- Assigning commands to the right mouse button;
- Possibility to paste a file in the folder in which it is located, clicking on the right mouse button without selecting any item from the table;
- Ability to delete multiple files simultaneously;
- Ability to delete folders and all their content;
- Ability to rename folders;
- Video and Audio: ability to make playback faster;
- Video and Audio: ability to make playback slower;
- Video: ability to capture a snapshot of the video and save it to sources (internal sources only);
- Expansion status of the code / descriptor treelist is maintained during the session.
- Ability to encode through the right mouse button;
- Ability to encode through a shortcut key (shift + c key);
- Possibility of fast decoding through the encoding tooltip.
- Most Frequent Words: possibility of filtering the most frequent words for later export in PDF / Excel / Creation of the word cloud;
- Matrices: the first result that appears in a matrix are the references;
- Matrices: highlight the results obtained by crossing information from a given cell;
- Matrices: Ability to view and hide all codes in the document besides the result of a matrix;
- Matrices: possibility to encode and decode the document through the result of a matrix;
- Selection of all elements of a group through the parent of the group, while selecting Restrictions / Rows / Columns on the questioning pages.